Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Steve_S
About Contact
Last Post: May 9, 2023 08:52 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Steve_S has contributed to 2093 posts out of 21184 total posts (9.88%) in 6,724 days (0.31 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed API Questions » 6.2 Install: Am I Missing Something. May 9, 2023 08:52 AM (Total replies: 6)

There seems to be some confusion here and I just want to make sure everything is clear (and for future readers).
We have always preferred that your software launch the feed directly instead of using a launching app.

Here is the documentation page for how to launch the feed directly from your app using your registered productID: https://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs//InitializingTheFeed.cfm

In the long distant past, we required your app load a DLL which then launched the feed with a function call but it was still directly from the app connecting to the feed.

In this particular case, I checked the server logs and it appears that your software has been doing this incorrectly for a very long time. I believe the confusion comes from our, now designated as End Of Life, DDE server (iqlink). The DDE server used to have a launching app (iqlinklauncher) because it was designed to be used with Excel and Excel did not reliably launch the DDE server when invoked. The launching app was removed when we designated the DDE server as EOL (and because it was confusing to new customers).

This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

This message was posted in a secure forum. Click here to access the topic where message was posted.

System Status Announcements » Connection issue 12-Mar-2023 Mar 13, 2023 09:39 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: do you know if Kinetick connection is more reliable now?

I do not keep up with their development very closely. You will need to contact Kinetick support for those discussions.

Quote: Since both are owned by DTN,

Kinetick is not owned by DTN. It is owned by NinjaTrader and they do all of the support/development for it. DTN's role here is a data provider.

System Status Announcements » Connection issue 12-Mar-2023 Mar 13, 2023 08:38 AM (Total replies: 9)

mrez114,
Quote: I have Kinetick data but use it with IQFeed.

This is the source of the issue. This was never intended to work and that loophole has been closed.

If you are only using your account with NT software (as intended with Kinetick data accounts), then changing your adapter settings is all you need to keep working as you always have.

If you were using your Kinetick account with other 3rd party software, then you will need a full IQFeed account to continue at the same level of service going forward.

taa_dtn, it looks like you're running 6.2.0.23. There was a bug fixed in IQFeed 6.2.0.25 relating to your description of the issue, and it most often triggers on reconnections, so you're likely correct it's related to local connection issues but it's was a bug in our code. I recommend upgrading and seeing if the issue still persists for you.

IQFeed Developer Support » Error processing news story counts from server Oct 16, 2022 11:05 AM (Total replies: 17)

Hello all, Saturdays are our routine maintenance days. This involves server reboots and software restarts and, on occasion, can cause requests to fail. We typically try to keep it limited to the morning on Saturdays but sometimes it runs longer. Trying to avoid Saturday mornings for data downloads would be recommended if possible and keeping in mind that request failures should be expected during this time if you are working with our API.

This weekend has been a fairly large bit of maintenance compared to normal with some key infrastructure pieces getting a rare restart/reboot. I believe those would explain the news request failures in this thread. As a result, I was online yesterday morning and again yesterday afternoon verifying that things seemed to be working correctly. We have had users connected and using the system all weekend (with limited success as demonstrated in this thread during the previously mentioned saturday morning maintenance). I have not seen anything yet to indicate further issues.

If you are still experiencing problems. please contact our support group for assistance so we can help identify the issue.

IQFeed Developer Support » Error processing news story counts from server Sep 19, 2022 09:29 AM (Total replies: 17)

Craig, can you give me a bit more detail on the timeframe you were seeing the errors? Looks like this was likely saturday sometime and/or early sunday? If so, the source of the issues was most likely standard weekend system maintenance causing a backend server to not respond or not respond quick enough to the request. OS patches/software upgrades/etc almost always happen on saturdays since the markets are closed.

IQFeed API Questions » FDS query history before 2019? Mar 2, 2022 03:34 PM (Total replies: 3)

This format for the data is only available back through May 21st, 2018.

IQFeed Developer Support » Futures Options Chain is 'corrupt'. Feb 28, 2022 03:46 PM (Total replies: 8)

You are correct. We found the same results and I was just typing up a response when you posted. All the symbols are in the system, just not getting to the chains server currently. We are still investigating an will let you know when we have a fix available.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Feb 28, 2022 at 03:46 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » Futures Options Chain is 'corrupt'. Feb 28, 2022 11:01 AM (Total replies: 8)

I can replicate the issue with your request.

Here is the request that our chains app uses (pulled from the IQFeed Logfile).

CFO,@ESH22,pc,,23,1,LookupChains

It appears the server is not handling the case where you are not sending the year codes. I have alerted our server team about this but the workaround is to send that field.

-edit- Just noticed your second post. I'll take a closer look at the contracts returned. I don't believe this behavior should have changed since last week.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Feb 28, 2022 at 11:03 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » how to get Bid Date ? Feb 28, 2022 06:36 AM (Total replies: 2)

Sorry for the delay here.

We do not have date fields for bid/ask in the feed. As a result, you cannot be certain that bid/ask values in a summary message are from the current day (especially true if you are requesting around midnight Eastern for symbols that update across midnight). However, any update message that indicates a bid or ask update occurred (based on the Message Contents field) can safely be assumed that the date for the bid/ask is the current date (again, based on Midnight Eastern).

IQFeed Developer Support » Futures Options Chain is 'corrupt'. Feb 28, 2022 06:33 AM (Total replies: 8)

Hello, can you give us the exact request you are sending to the feed?

Also, is the issue still occurring? If so, does it also happen with our chains app that is included with IQFeed (the app sorts symbols by position in the return message in relation to the : field)?

This morning, I do not seem to be able to duplicate the issue.

Hello, the official release version is 6.2.0.23 currently (not 6.1). The version field in the S,CUST message also controls the IQFeed version Upgrade Nag so it has always lagged the actual release date by a bit of time to allow a small number of customers to upgrade naturally before we turn on the nag. Unfortunately, with the timing of data center move, we didn't want to have both happening at once so we are delaying the upgrade nag until after the datacenter move is complete.

However, the current version field in this message does not indicate (and never has indicated) the installed version. For example, once we update this field after the move, customers running 6.1 or older versions will still get a 6.2 version number in this field.

The installed version would either have to be pulled out of the registry (documented here: https://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs//RegistrySettings.cfm) or by examining the file information of IQConnect.exe.

Note that protocols are only Major.Minor. I'm guessing you meant IQFeed version 6.2.0.5 and the protocol you are using is unknown from your post.

With that said, I am unable to duplicate this behavior except on old protocols where RequestID was not yet supported on these commands (4.9-5.1). It would appear you are using one of those older protocols.

S,SET PROTOCOL,6.2
S,CURRENT PROTOCOL,6.2
SLM
LS,1,NGM,Nasdaq Global Market,5,NASDAQ,
LS,2,NCM,National Capital Market,5,NASDAQ,
SLM,TEST
TEST,LS,1,NGM,Nasdaq Global Market,5,NASDAQ,
TEST,LS,2,NCM,National Capital Market,5,NASDAQ,

S,SET PROTOCOL,6.1
S,CURRENT PROTOCOL,6.1
SLM
1,NGM,Nasdaq Global Market,5,NASDAQ,
2,NCM,National Capital Market,5,NASDAQ,
TEST,1,NGM,Nasdaq Global Market,5,NASDAQ,
TEST,2,NCM,National Capital Market,5,NASDAQ,

protocol 6.0 is the same as 6.1 and 5.2 for this request)
S,SET PROTOCOL,5.2
S,CURRENT PROTOCOL,5.2
SLM
1,NGM,Nasdaq Global Market,5,NASDAQ,
2,NCM,National Capital Market,5,NASDAQ,
SLM,TEST
TEST,1,NGM,Nasdaq Global Market,5,NASDAQ,
TEST,2,NCM,National Capital Market,5,NASDAQ,

Here is where it stops working (and all older protocols). This is intended.
 S,SET PROTOCOL,5.1
S,CURRENT PROTOCOL,5.1
SLM
1,NGM,Nasdaq Global Market,
2,NCM,National Capital Market,
SLM,TEST
E,!SYNTAX_ERROR!,

Andrew, the 5min files are really your best bet here for that many symbols. Trying any other method will be problematic at best.

Most security types are represented in these files but not all security type/exchange groups have symbols.

The IEOPTIONS file is retrieved using exchange group 14.

-edit- switched "security type 14" to "exchange group 14"

Also, if you aren't already aware, a list of security types and listed markets/exchange groups can be retrieved from the lookup port.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Sep 4, 2020 at 09:09 AM

New IQFeed Forum » set default protocol via registry setting Sep 3, 2019 09:47 PM (Total replies: 1)

This isn't something we can do immediately because it would potentially break other software that uses IQFeed on the same machine.

One of the primary features of IQFeed is that you are able to run multiple 3rd party trading apps side by side without them interfering with each other. This is largely only possible due to the per-connection based settings.

With that said, this is a fairly common request, especially from non-commercial software developers (who are frequently not using multiple apps). Unfortunately there won't be any features like this in 6.1 but we do have some ideas to make setting feed configuration easier in future versions.

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 4:34 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003