Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: laughlin
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 18, 2017 08:35 PM
Interests:
Email: laughlin@coxinet.net
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
laughlin has contributed to 24 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.11%) in 6,836 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Link problem Jan 18, 2017 08:35 PM (Total replies: 6)

We'll chat in the morning.

Terry

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » Link problem Jan 18, 2017 01:46 PM (Total replies: 6)

Tim, thanks.

I cannot find a reference to IQ32 in my code, but I do think I link against it.

On another note, my best friend (who is a hell of software engineer) is telling me that I should redo the interface to IQFeed as it is so old. He thinks that there has to be deprecation affecting me. All I do with the feed is get data (five second summaries are perfect) and put it into my own charting code. So, I really just need to start the feed, give it two symbols (S&P 500 futures and Nasdaq futures) and receive the data. He is telling me to use C# (I'm an old line C programmer - don't ask how old). So I'm reading and I could be happy with C#.

Here's the question. Aside from starting the feed, what sample code and where in it should I look for guidance, help, etc? Details would be appreciated. Heck, any and all help would be appreciated.

Terry

PS: Did I mention help? Thank you. Really.

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » Link problem Jan 10, 2017 01:23 PM (Total replies: 6)

Thanks Tim. Any help is appreciated.

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » Link problem Jan 7, 2017 11:02 AM (Total replies: 6)

It has been many years since I did IQFeed development and I need some help.

I have a directory with two variants of the same program: Sock and SockDlg. Sock is compiling and linking great. SockDlg compiles fine but gives these linkage errors:

Linking...
SockDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __stdcall RegisterClientApp(struct HWND__ *,char *,char *,char *)" (?RegisterClientApp@@YGHPAUHWND__@@PAD11@Z)
nafxcw.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex
nafxcw.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex
libc.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Release/SockDlg.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong (I am a real-time C coder, C++ on windows is not what I normally do).

Thanks

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » @YM# continuous contract for DJIA mini's Mar 30, 2010 10:36 AM (Total replies: 3)

My bad. It's so long since I worried about the account, that I forgot to check. How do I get it live?

Terry

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » @YM# continuous contract for DJIA mini's Mar 30, 2010 10:11 AM (Total replies: 3)

@YM# appears to be running 4-5 minutes (not ticks) behind my IB display.

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » Summary msg fields 4-Last and 21-Close Sep 10, 2008 11:29 AM (Total replies: 1)

I seem to have made a mistake in reading/understanding the documentation (for a very long time). I thought both fields 4 (Last trade) and 21 (Closing price/trade) referred to 'today', but it now appears that field 21 refers to 'yesterday'. Would you please confirm and elaborate. Thank-you. Terry

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » historical fundamentals Jul 10, 2008 04:27 PM (Total replies: 1)

How do I get the 'fundamental message' accurate to an historical date?

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » Info about DISCONNECTED Aug 16, 2007 05:13 PM (Total replies: 11)

I was disconnected 3 times today. This never happened before the last rollout (July) and it is not everyday, but this is the second day this week with disconnects.

Terry

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » fundmental message request Jul 26, 2007 11:35 AM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks for the confirmation. Now I know I am not batty.

I am using the fundamental request as a ping. I need to pass a message from an interrupt routine where action is supposed to be limited to an somewhat lengthy (time wise) routine. SO, I ping (fundamental request) the server and when I get the reply and verify that it is the reply to my ping request, I trigger my time lengthy action routine.

terry

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Developer Support » fundmental message request Jul 26, 2007 10:54 AM (Total replies: 3)

Sorry to be so late with this bug, but I'm just out of the hospital and beginning to pay attention to the world.

I send a fundamental request (used as a ping [which I requested a few years ago, but haven't seen]), but get no reply in the new system. As the specially requested fundamental message ( f;symbol]<CR><LR> ) is my trigger to action, my action never happens in the new system (148 farm), but still works fine on the 156 farm.

I checked the new docs and there has been no change from the old.

Help.

Terry

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Globex/Ecbot depth? May 3, 2007 10:07 AM (Total replies: 4)

Add another request for Globex market depth in the api. At one point it was thought to be "quite high up". Should I sit on the edge of chair?

Thanks,

Terry

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

Sorry I'm in the wrong group and I should have opened a new thread, but here I am. I checked the CUST system message this morning (I was truncating the message yesterday due to screen space restrictions and I don't know what it was then). It shows (pat yourself on the back) 1000 symbols. Who should I call to fix it?

Thank-you

Terry Laughlin
Buy low, soar high.

Jay,

I'm using tcp for updates, not dde. Is it still surprising that I only get 997 symbols? It does not seem to stress the machine or net. It is not that I cannot get the data in, but rather that the server gives me a symbol limit exceeded error message: "S,SYMBOL LIMIT REACHED". Actually, I picked TCP for it's efficiency. Would you recommend otherwise?

Terry

Terry Laughlin

I just signed up for DTH.IQ last week (following you sage advice above). However, I find that I am only getting 997 symbols before I get "S,SYMBOL LIMIT REACHED". After that the 997 appear ok, but I registered 1297 symbols.

I installed DTN.IQ today and then reinstalled IQFeed (version 4.0.0.2), letting the installer put files in the same directory.

Any advice or is this something you are working on...

Terry Laughlin

Data and Content Support » Random summary message Dec 15, 2005 11:47 AM (Total replies: 1)

Why, when I am 'watch'ing a symbol, do I get a few random summary messages a day?

Terry Laughlin

Data and Content Support » force of a summary message in the watch list Dec 7, 2005 01:19 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks for the quick reply. As to why, I am simulating a ping as I elaborated on in the wishes forum.

Terry Laughlin

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » ping Dec 7, 2005 01:17 PM (Total replies: 2)

Because Windows is threaded, mainstream work may be concurrent with receipt of the updates from IQFeed. To properly mix my work with updates from IQFeed, it would be nice to have coordinating function. In a realtime environment, this is easy in a number of ways. In a non-realtime environment, it is tricky/hard/difficult/impossible.

Therefore, by pinging IQFeed, I can react to the response regardless of other traffic. To work, it must come in on the port that I sent to. For watches, it must come mixed with other watch traffic on the same port. The local part of IQFeed does not have to communicate with the server to meet my needs, just answer the ping.

As you can see from another post, I am simulating this with a force summary message, but the overhead seems a bit high and my coding is a bit obscure as I have to tell my fakes from real fundamental/summary messages.

Ideal would be that I ping(echo) IQFEED with an argument, such as: eARG\r\n

IQFEED responds with: E,ARG\r\n

or 95% of that would be: e\r\n

with a response of: E\r\n

From my point of view, the time stamp is a nice superfluosity. Oh, the actual syntax is irrelevant. The choice to a ping all the way to the server might be nice, but is irrelevant to me.

Terry Laughlin

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Seconds in the timestamp Dec 7, 2005 01:01 PM (Total replies: 6)

Thanks for the update.

Terry Laughlin

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » ping Dec 7, 2005 11:14 AM (Total replies: 2)

Speaking of spoofing time stamps, it would sure be helpful to ping the local DTN IQFeed pgm via sockets and get something similar to a timestamp. No bandwidth to your server. How about it?

Terry Laughlin

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 1:36 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003