Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: zane
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 20, 2017 09:51 AM
Interests:
Email: m3@z4n3.email
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
zane has contributed to 18 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.08%) in 2,798 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Reading feed into app Oct 20, 2017 09:51 AM (Total replies: 4)

I have a very extensive example of reading data from the feed using c#:

https://github.com/zanethomas/IqCommander

IQFeed Developer Support » IqCommander --- c# May 6, 2017 12:54 AM (Total replies: 1)

Updated, in addition to writing to postgres now can write csv files as well.

IQFeed Developer Support » forex: last always == bid? Apr 17, 2017 12:41 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hi Tim,

That makes sense, in general, but I wonder if there are any brokers who provide a feed of actual trades.

Zane

IQFeed Developer Support » forex: last always == bid? Apr 16, 2017 08:55 PM (Total replies: 5)

Jay,

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any way to capture actual forex trades?

Zane

IQFeed Developer Support » forex: last always == bid? Apr 16, 2017 02:24 AM (Total replies: 5)

what does last mean?

It appears to me, from some limited exploration, that the high and low values in historical seconds correspond to the max(last) and min(last) values from the preceding second's ticks.

Is that correct? If not what is the relationship?

Tia,

Zane

IQFeed Developer Support » IqCommander --- c# Jan 7, 2017 01:53 AM (Total replies: 1)

I've been working on a little tool so I can pull historical data and put it into a postgres database.

https://github.com/zanethomas/IqCommander

It can run as a REPL or execute a series of commands from a text file. Although I am using it for postgres it is, hopefully, very easy to add custom consumers of the iqfeed data as it streams from the server.

IQFeed Developer Support » Problem With HIT Interval Nov 15, 2016 10:53 AM (Total replies: 5)

Thanks Tim,

BTW, I see volume numbers in the HIT data. Are they meaningful and if so what is the meaning?

Zane

PS. IqFeed is awesome, thanks to all!

IQFeed Developer Support » Problem With HIT Interval Nov 15, 2016 10:43 AM (Total replies: 5)

Ah, I wasn't aware of that time limit, for some reason I thought per/second data was available for the past half-year.

Thanks!

IQFeed Developer Support » Problem With HIT Interval Nov 15, 2016 10:27 AM (Total replies: 5)

returns data:
HIT,AUDJPY.FXCM,3600,20161005 155500,20161006 155700,,,,1

does not return data:
HIT,AUDJPY.FXCM,1,20161005 155500,20161006 155700,,,,1

why?

IQFeed Developer Support » missing .ffff in forex realtime feed Sep 22, 2016 10:12 AM (Total replies: 9)

Tim,

Thanks.

The docs really could use some work. :)

Zane

IQFeed Developer Support » missing .ffff in forex realtime feed Sep 22, 2016 09:46 AM (Total replies: 9)

Tim,

I think we're getting to the crux of the problem.

I believe the docs indicate that the protocol should be set on the admin port (9300). When, instead, I use 5009 things seem to be working differently, in a good way (iow I now see the expected resolution).

Is that all there is to it?

Zane

IQFeed Developer Support » missing .ffff in forex realtime feed Sep 22, 2016 09:27 AM (Total replies: 9)

Hi Tim,

I believe I'm correctly selecting the current protocol, the server is returning:

S,CURRENT PROTOCOL,5.2,

Zane

IQFeed Developer Support » missing .ffff in forex realtime feed Sep 22, 2016 09:11 AM (Total replies: 9)

Tim,

Sorry, I should have given a bit more information.

I'm using the FXCM forex feed. The IQFeed Watch Quote application displays time having millisecond precision, which I assume is coming from the feed and not being fabricated by the application.

Zane

IQFeed Developer Support » missing .ffff in forex realtime feed Sep 21, 2016 05:46 PM (Total replies: 9)

why? ;)

IQFeed Developer Support » cannot access developer portal Sep 9, 2016 11:27 PM (Total replies: 2)

I just retried, after having been out for a few hours, and ... it works now. Don't know what changed but I'm happy again.

IQFeed Developer Support » cannot access developer portal Sep 9, 2016 06:00 PM (Total replies: 2)

I go to login, enter my username and password (which are accepted) but then I cannot access developer docs.

Support informs me that I should contact developer support, on Monday, I'm not happy.

IQFeed Developer Support » iqfeed on ubunto Aug 28, 2016 11:48 PM (Total replies: 1)

I have installed https://github.com/bratchenko/docker-iqfeed on an ubuntu server and running the image does result in a connect using my program id. However I am unable to get any response out of 5009 or 9100. Those ports are, according to the documentation, forwarded to 5010 and 9101 respectively. However neither of those ports are accepting connections.

Any help with this? Alternative ways to get the feed running on ubuntu?

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 1:10 PM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003