Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Ariloum
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 6, 2017 08:01 PM
Interests:
Email: ariloum@gmail.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Ariloum has contributed to 20 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.09%) in 3,468 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » NYSE Level 2 Oct 6, 2017 08:01 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hi, Steve, I didnt find how to pm here - I clicked to your profile and there is only your posts list.
Anyway, my id is 463370, and I am a long time user.
I need level 2 with ECN so I could split it totally by this flag and I need LOO orders so much.. Gotta have it somewhere else until you make it available coz I need to have working prototype of what I'm doing in 2 weeks before u.s.a. earnings started.

IQFeed Developer Support » NYSE Level 2 Oct 5, 2017 02:48 PM (Total replies: 4)

Thanx for the answers, Tim.
But do you have any way to obtain LOO orders?
Thats the kind of orders that opens on market open after premarket is done.

IQFeed Developer Support » NYSE Level 2 Oct 3, 2017 08:51 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hello, can you reveal a few hidden areas for me:
1. does realtime NYSE level 2 have a field with the ECN name?
2. does realtime NYSE level 2 have LOO orders?
3. does historical data contains level 2?

IQFeed Developer Support » Tick trade side Apr 27, 2016 02:56 PM (Total replies: 6)

I know about bid and ask PRICE, but you told about bid and ask SIZE and that confused me because it's different things.
So, on just shares like nyse/nasdaq there is no way to know the true trade side?
That way you descrbed not working for SPY and others because SPY, for example, do have 30% of trades in the middle (prices like 202.515 like in example I told earlier).
But then how did Multicharts could know the trade side with such precision?

IQFeed Developer Support » Tick trade side Apr 27, 2016 03:14 AM (Total replies: 6)

What protocol version should I use to obtain previous trade size and how did you call the names of fields for that?

Is it still possible to deal with trades which comes exactly at the middle between ask/bid?
For example, lets say SPY bid = 202.51 and ask=202.52 and there are many trades with price = 202.515.

IQFeed Developer Support » Tick trade side Apr 26, 2016 02:09 AM (Total replies: 6)

Hello, is there any possibility to get the tick trade side - I mean how to know it was buy or sell?
Because Multicharts could detect this side pretty well when it's used with iqfeed, how is it possible?

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » IqFeed client crushes Oct 30, 2015 09:36 AM (Total replies: 8)

I see, thanx for the info.
I'm receiving only last few 1minute candles to update my current stock snapshot.

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » IqFeed client crushes Oct 30, 2015 09:20 AM (Total replies: 8)

Did this limit is hardcoded or it's dynamic?
Sometimes I'm going pretty well with 30 connections with only a few errors, but sometimes I receive a horde of errors..

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » IqFeed client crushes Oct 30, 2015 08:46 AM (Total replies: 8)

Sometimes I've too many errors with simultaneous history requests while I'm using 30 connections to historical service port:
E,Too many simultaneous history requests.,

Sometimes it's ok and errors are rare, but sometimes I'm getting it very often. Do you have some load balancer on your serverside which dynamically limit connections to historical service?

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » IqFeed client crushes Oct 26, 2015 10:32 AM (Total replies: 8)

Hi Tim, thanx for your input,

I tried this patched version and looks like it works fine, need to test it for a few days.

http://prntscr.com/8vjlx0
Edited by Ariloum on Oct 26, 2015 at 10:32 AM

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » IqFeed client crushes Oct 24, 2015 07:26 AM (Total replies: 8)

Hello,
I've written a screener which download and update last day candles by downloading historical data, I'm using a few threads connecting to iqfeed client historical data port and if I set it's amount to 100 threads(connections) iqfeed client crushes. It works well with 40 connections thread, but I need more threads to get higher rate for updating speed. I'm using iqfeed client v.5.1.3.1.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Date with ms. and some other things Mar 13, 2015 06:51 PM (Total replies: 15)

Hi, Jay, thank you for the information.
Maybe there's not that much requests similar to mine becouse there's a few other datafeeds who already have it.

I know that it's not easy to implement, and the priority is low, but I will hope :)
Edited by Ariloum on Mar 13, 2015 at 06:52 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Date with ms. and some other things Mar 13, 2015 06:35 PM (Total replies: 15)

jonnyb,
that's right, but I need bid and ask size for another thing - I need it for icebergs detection (darkpool orders).

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Date with ms. and some other things Mar 10, 2015 10:20 AM (Total replies: 15)

I see, thank you for the help.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Date with ms. and some other things Mar 10, 2015 09:35 AM (Total replies: 15)

Hi, Tim, thanx for the answer.
I thought that I didn't understood your answer right (about best bid/offer sizes).

Then this question comes: why don't you have such basic parameters in historical data? Your protocol have many other much useless (imo) fields but miss one of the main.
Edited by Ariloum on Mar 10, 2015 at 09:35 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Date with ms. and some other things Mar 3, 2015 09:28 AM (Total replies: 15)

Thanx, Tim, I'm almost done.. the only problem I have with approach like that is trades at the middle of the spread (like on SPY there's a lot of trades with 0.005 cents step).

And I've another question :
is it possible to get not only best bid/offer price for trades, but it's size also?

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Date with ms. and some other things Dec 8, 2014 07:49 AM (Total replies: 15)

Hello again, I've got another question coming : is there some way to get each trade type/direction - is it was a buy or a sell?
I need to know what side that trade hits - bid or offer for both historical data and realtime. I guess there could be some protocol syntax differences for that, please let me know if any.

Thanx,
Ari.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Date with ms. and some other things Oct 22, 2014 10:53 AM (Total replies: 15)

I see, thank you for the help.
Edited by Ariloum on Oct 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Date with ms. and some other things Oct 22, 2014 07:30 AM (Total replies: 15)

Hi, Tim,
thanx for the reply.

I've tried setting up protocol 5.1 and there comes millis.

I though "-VERSION" parameter is the one I'm launching the iqconnector with was the protocol version, is there a way to set the protocol like this or I must set it manually for each sockets (re)connections?

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical Date with ms. and some other things Oct 22, 2014 02:16 AM (Total replies: 15)

Hello, I've done implementing basic iqfeed service with using java and there's only a few things is left to make this stage cleared, so some help would be very appreciated.

I didnt find the answers yet for those questions:

1. How could I receive historical date with millis? This request doesn't works with history data:
"S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS," +
"TickID,Symbol," +
"Ask,Bid,Ask Size,Bid Size," +
"Most Recent Trade,Most Recent Trade Size,Last Trade Date,Most Recent Trade TimeMS,Most Recent Trade Conditions,Open Interest,Delay,\r\n"

2. How could I receive each trade initiator for historical data?
If I get it right, it's the symbol at the end of the time graph and looks like this "12:33:44o".

3. What does mean each symbol at the end of time for question2 : o b t c (I guess o&b is bid and offer, but what is t&c)?

I think this is all I need to know to put my anchor there.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 11:03 AM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003